by Rainier on Aug. 4, 2020 @ 10:48 a.m. PDT
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America's unforgiving heartland, featuring a vast and atmospheric world that will also provide the foundation for a brand-new online multiplayer experience.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America at the dawn of the modern age.
America, 1899. The end of the wild west era has begun as lawmen hunt down the last remaining outlaw gangs. Those who will not surrender or succumb are killed.
After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him.
Built from the ground up for the latest hardware, Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we have learned since then about creating deep multiplayer experiences. The result is something completely new and fun, and an experience that will continue to expand and evolve over time as we gain valuable feedback from our community in the Beta period.
Built from the ground up for the latest hardware, Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we have learned since then about creating deep multiplayer experiences. The result is something completely new and fun, and an experience that will continue to expand and evolve over time.
With the gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2 as its foundation, Red Dead Online transforms the vast and deeply detailed landscapes, cities, towns and habitats of Red Dead Redemption 2 into a new, living online world ready to be shared by multiple players. Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style and head out into a new frontier full of things to experience.
Explore the world solo or with friends. Form or join a Posse to ride with up to seven players; gather around the fire at your Camp; head out hunting or fishing; visit bustling towns; battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts; hunt for treasure; take on missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states; or fight against other outlaws in both spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles; compete with other players or whole Posses in open world challenges and much more.
Adding to last week’s debut of Legendary Animals to the world of Red Dead Online, comes a pair of two new species of Gators, the Teca and the Sun, known to dwell in the Kamassa River and the Lannahechee River respectively, with both offering handsome rewards and bonuses for those savvy enough to track them down.
Budding Naturalists, hunters, and those with a sartorial eye can expect a wide-range of additional benefits this week, such as:See AlsoMalay - Amboseli National Parks - Manyeleti Game Reserve (2022)Capricorn Sun, Aries Moon: The Barbarian Queen and the Business Woman, the Bulldozer and the Battering Ram, the Steam Engine and the Steamroller, the Overlord and the Overachiever, the Rebel with a Cause and the Anarchist with an MBA ("With weapon in handDIY Wood Sign Workshop | Board & Brush
- A 50% boost in XP and payouts for New Legendary Animals, the Teca and Sun Gators’ samples and skin sales
- A free special colorway of the O’Quinn Hat for taking down the Teca Gator, and a free a special colorway of the Helsby Glovesfor taking down the Sun Gator
- New items at Gus’ Trapper Store: An Alligator variant of the Improved Bow,The Teca Coat and Sun Coat crafted from respective Gator hides, and players who purchase either coat will receive the new Corchado Poncho as a bonus
- New permanent clothing additions to the Catalogue: The Corchado Poncho, Sandoval Jacket, Windcliff Coat, Pedrosa Pants, Plata Pants, Moreton Boots, Fairbairn Dress, Litten Dress, Helsby Gloves, O'Quinn Hat, and the Tiltham Hat plusnew colorways of the Marshall Coat, Killiman Vest and Diamondback Hat
- Returning limited-time clothing and new colorways: The Gator Hat plus its new colorways, the Ortega Vest, Vaquero Baroque Spurs, and the Strickland Boots and their newest colorways
- Bonuses for Naturalists: New Naturalists will receive a reward for a free Role Accessory, outfit, or Emote, while sedating and sampling any animal will net players the Gila Monster Camp Flag, completing an Animal Sighting Mission will score a unique colorway of the Farnholme Double Bandolier, and purchasing a Wilderness Camp will reward them with a Treasure Map
- More Naturalist bonuses and discounts available until September 21, including 30% off any Novice or Promising Item in the Naturalist Role, and rewards for: 2,000 Naturalist XP, free Sedative Varmint Cartridges, a free Legendary Animal Pheromone, a Free Ability Card, and30% off a Revolver
- Twitch Prime Benefits: A Free Katata Coat, 5 Free Legendary Animal Pheromones, 6,000 Naturalist XP, a free Wilderness Camp, offers for: 50% off a Camp Dog, a Tent and a Vest below Rank 15, plus 10x Special Health Cures, 10x Special Snake Oil, 10x Special Miracle Tonic, and 10x Special Bitters
New Legendary Animals: The Teca and Sun Gators
Down by the Kamassa River bed lurks a unique and dangerous beast, reportedly sighted in the hours after dark and during rainy or stormy weather. The Legendary Teca Gator should only be approached by the most bravehearted of Naturalists or hunters.
Local fishermen have also recently reported a magnificent yet ill-tempered Legendary Sun Gator making its home in the murky, shallow waters of the Lannahechee River. Keep an eye out for this apex predator during foggy mornings to increase your chances of a successful sighting.
Naturalists can study the scaly, cold-blooded creatures and bring samples back to Harriet to fill their Animal Field Guide and gain XP for the Naturalist Role. Choose to hunt and skin the gators and infamous trapper, Gus will gladly turn the resultant leather into a coat at his shop.
Tracking gators is no small task, so to reward courage and resolve Legendary Alligator Samples and Skin Sales earn a 50% XP and pay out bonus through August 10th. Hunters who take down the Teca Gator will receive a special colorway of the O’Quinn Hat, and taking down the Sun Gator gets a special colorway of the Helsby Gloves. These Rewards will be delivered to your Offers & Rewards within 48 hours.
GUS’ TRAPPER STORE
Gus Macmillan’s offerings of fine clothing and accessories will continue to expand each week with the discovery of new Legendary Animals. Delivering Teca and Sun gator hides to Gus’ Store will provide him with the means to craft the Teca Coat and Sun Coat to provide you with the necessary warmth for any upcoming expeditions. Craft any Legendary Alligator Coat, and you’ll receive a unique colorway of the brand new Corchado Poncho as a bonus.
Also available from Gus is the new Alligator variant of the Improved Bow, adding a little bite to your hunting weapon of choice.
Be careful, though: too many visits to Gus’ Store with pelts in tow and Harriet will be less than thrilled to see you. Don’t say you weren’t warned.
The Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalogue widens its selection this week with the addition of the following permanent items:
- Corchado Poncho
- Sandoval Jacket
- Windcliff Coat
- Pedrosa Pants
- Plata Pants
- Moreton Boots
- Fairbairn Dress
- Litten Dress
- Helsby Gloves
- O'Quinn Hat
- Tiltham Hat
Plus new colorways of the Marshall Coat, Killiman Vest and Diamondback Hat
The abundance of alligator leather stock means that new colorways of the Gator Hat have arrived, the Ortega Vest is back in fashion, while Vaquero Baroque Spurs and new colorways of the Strickland Boots will have even the ficklest dresser running off to the tailor.
BONUSES AND BENEFITSSee AlsoCapricorn Sun Aries Moon – Personality, CompatibilityAries Sun, Capricorn Moon: The Super Soldier and the Spartan Warrior, the Warrior-General and the Locker Room LeaderAbout Sun Valley | Sun Valley
This week, players can take 30% off the cost of all Horses, Pistols, Tents, Camp Flags and Camp Themes.
Becoming a Naturalist and studying wild fauna in their habitats is a reward unto itself, but there are plenty of other one-time benefits available through August 24th, including:
- Become a Naturalist and get a Reward for a free Role Accessory, Outfit or Emote
- Sedate and sample any animal and get the Gila Monster Camp Flag
- Complete an Animal Sighting Mission and get a Reward for a unique colorway of the Farnholme Double Bandolier
- Purchase a Wilderness Camp and get a Reward for a Treasure Map
Also available Through September 21st:
- Offer for 30% off any Novice or Promising Item in the Naturalist Role
- Reward for 2,000 Naturalist XP
- Reward for Free Sedative Varmint Cartridges
- Reward for a Free Legendary Animal Pheromone
- Offer for 30% off a Revolver
- Reward for a Free Ability Card
Twitch Prime Benefits
Twitch Prime members who linked their accounts to the Rockstar Games Social Club and claimed their benefits on Twitch Prime can visit the Offers & Rewards section to claim Rewards for the Legendary Katata Elk Animal Coat, along with a trio of new Naturalist Rewards and ongoing additional bonuses:
- 5 Free Legendary Animal Pheromones
- 6,000 Naturalist XP
- Free Wilderness Camp
- Offer for 50% off a Camp Dog
- Offer for 50% off a Tent
- Offer for 50% off a Vest below Rank 15
- 10x Special Health Cures
- 10x Special Snake Oil
- 10x Special Miracle Tonic
- 10x Special Bitters
If you already have a Social Club account and a Twitch Prime subscription and haven't claimed your benefits, you can do so by visiting here.
More to Come
In the weeks ahead, look for even more new Legendary Animals to track along with new gameplay updates, additions to both Gus Macmillan's Store and the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue, new Fossils for Collectors to find and deliver to traveling saleswoman Madam Nazar and more.
Red Dead Redemption 2is currently available for PS4 and Xbox One.
More articles about Red Dead Redemption 2